ACANA is produced in Alberta Canada by Champion Petfoods. Unlike the marketing companies and multinationals that sell, but don't actually make, today's pet foods Champion Petfoods is a family-owned and operated pet food producer with a 25 year tradition of quality and a mission that's simple and clear: To produce Biologically Appropriate Pet Foods from Fresh Regional Ingredients. Every ACANA product is produced in Champion's own award-winning factory in Alberta; sold in our 50 countries worldwide their foods are certified by the Government of Canada to meet every international pet food standard.
Biologically Appropriate diets have key differences that separate them from conventional pet foods:
1) High-protein from fresh and various meats
2) Low carbohydrate and Grain FREE
3) Fruits and vegetables instead of grain
4) Fats from meat and fish, not plants
5) Health promoting botanicals
6) Balance without excess